NBI offers several South Florida support and skills based groups conveniently located near Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach (Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties). Upcoming meetings are posted on our events calendar. To be notified of upcoming support group meetings, please join our mailing list.
Current support groups include the following:
Cognitive Restructuring Group
How we think affects our lives. But this is not written in stone. This group is all about understanding “cognitive errors” and developing better thinking habits.
DATE: All ages weekly group on Monday’s.
TIME: 11:00am – 11:45am.
- Learn how the way you think affects you emotionally.
- Understand your unique thinking style.
- Practice strategies so your thoughts work for you, not against you.
Social Skills Group
Are social fears stopping your child from achieving happiness and making friends? Consider this group and give them an opportunity to develop abilities they will use forever!
DATE: Ages 12+ weekly group on Monday’s.
TIME: 5:45pm – 6:30pm.
Your child will practice:
- Initiating conversations
- Identifying topics for discussion
- Speaking in public
- Meeting new people
- Developing closer relationships
- Talking with peers of the opposite gender
- Enjoying group interactions
Body Image and Healthy Lifestyle Group
DATE: All ages weekly group on Tuesday’s.
TIME: 11:00am – 12:30pm.
Developing a healthy relationship with food and the way you look can be a difficult. This group is designed to help you on the path to do just that.
Social Exposure Group
DATE: All ages weekly group on Wednesday’s.
TIME: 1:30pm – 2:15pm.
If your feelings, thoughts, or bad past experiences are holding you back socially, this group is for you. There’s no substitute for real life practice with other people to make progress in this area of your life.
OCD Support Group for Children, Families, and Individuals
DATE: All ages monthly group on every third Wednesday of the month.
TIME: 6:00pm – 7:00pm.
OCD Spanish Support Group for Children, Families, and Individuals
DATE: All ages monthly group on every first Wednesday of the month.
TIME: 6:00pm – 7:00pm.
Lunch and Learn Group
When is a meal about more than just food? You’ll find out by participating in this instructive and social experience. It not only will give you the opportunity to practice some of the skills being taught at NBI, it’s a great chance to do this in a fun and supportive way.
DATE: All ages weekly group on Thursday.
TIME: 12:30pm – 2pm.
- Learn how to maintain social functioning on a task despite the presence of anxiety
- Each group focuses on a particular group module related to furthering coping skills development
- Practice CBT strategies in exposures as part of a group atmosphere
Adult OCD and Other Related Conditions Support Group
DATE: 1st Thursday of every month.
TIME: 7:30pm – 8:30pm.
LOCATION: West Boca Hospital.
Weekend Readiness and Exposure Group
DATE: All ages weekly group on Friday’s.
TIME: Please call 954.217.1757 for time.
Parent Workshop – Monthly
This is a 3-hour training program for parents and it always very well attended. It provides family members with the opportunity to gain the skills necessary to understand and support love ones in treatment.
- Parents and spouses are welcome to attend
- Learn skills that will help you and others
- Have a better understanding of the next steps to take