Postdoctoral Clinical Residency in Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology
This Postdoctoral Residency information is available in the Universal Postdoctoral Psychology Directory (UPPD) at APPIC website.
Location: Weston, Florida
Specialty: Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology
Contact Phone: 954.217.1757
E. Katia Moritz, Ph.D., ABPP
Contact Email: email@example.com
Associate Training Director
Joyce A. Szentpaly, Psy.D.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration in months:
12 – 24 months
Hours per week:
40 K plus 4K in continuing education
Fringe Benefits: Vacation days, federal holidays, health insurance, professional training time, licensing exam release time, and 401K after one year of employment.
Number of staff who are licensed psychologists: 6
Application due date: Rolling Admission
Accreditation Status: The postdoctoral residency is at the Neurobehavioral Institute (NBI) a current member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC). It is not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association (APA).
All Residents must have completed a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited academic program before beginning the post-doctoral residency.
All Residents must have completed 2,000 hours in an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship in Psychology prior to the start of the residency year.
Residents with a specific interest in treatment of neurobiological conditions and/or prior clinical training or research experience with these populations will be preferred.
Residents who have prior experience or training in Cognitive Behavioral treatments are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a hardcopy of the following materials by the application deadline.
- Statement of interest indicating goals for the post-doctoral residency and long-term career plans
- Curriculum vitae
- Letters of reference from three doctoral-level professionals who previously supervised or have had experience with the applicant’s training
- Letter from the applicant’s internship Training Director that an APA-accredited internship will be completed prior to the desired start date of the residency program
- Letter from the applicant’s graduate Training Director that the applicant’s doctoral degree has been awarded or that the dissertation defense is scheduled prior to the start date of the residency program
- Graduate transcripts
- Copies of relevant publications
Please direct applications and questions about the residency to:
Joyce A. Szentpaly, Psy.D.
Associate Director of Training
Address: Neurobehavioral Institute
2233 North Commerce Parkway, Suite 3, Weston, Florida 33326
Practicum Training and Internship
Neurobehavioral Institute offers practicum and internship training opportunities to doctoral level students in clinical psychology. Practicum students are given the ability to engage in clinical experiences while receiving mentorship and supervision from licensed psychologists. Practicum students are able to expand their knowledge on evidenced based treatments including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and refine their practice of clinical skills and techniques.